Mentha spicata var crispa ‘Moroccan’
- Compact, hardy variety of mint.
- Exceptionally good for making tea.
- Better suited to pot growing.
A pretty little, compact variety of mint which looks good in a pot on your patio and can be used to flavour food, make into tea or simply scent your patio!
A very refreshing drink that is very good for you.
Moroccan mint tea is extremely popular in Morocco.
Recommended by the RHS to be an excellent attractant and nectar source for bees and other beneficial insects.
- Compact variety.
- Likes a partly shady position.
- Reaches 24″ (60 cm) high.
- Very fragrant, strong flavour.
- Lavender/lilac coloured flowers.
- Flowers mid to late Summer.
- Best grown in pots.
- Culinary Uses
- Excellent for making tea.
- Good for making mint sauce.
- Flowers are edible.
- Medicinal Uses
- To relieve symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome.
- Can be use to inhibit the growth of some types of bacteria.
- Can be used to freshen breath.
- Can be gargled to relieve a sore throat.
- Crushed it can be used on your temples to ease a headache or put directly onto insect stings.